Friday, January 23, 2009



I've been constantly reminded lately of my love for In-N-Out burgers. It all started with a show on the travel channel that Lynn and I watched a couple of weeks ago called "America's Best Burgers". It was a show of course about burgers and some of the more popular places in America to eat one. In-N-Out did not make the list but White Castle did?!?

Anyways, I must confess that I do like burgers, in fact I prefer CHEESEburgers to add to the taste, calories, saturated fat and who knows what else. It was a couple of years ago on a trip to California where I was first introduced to In-N-Out burgers and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately this fast food chain is only out west and nowhere near little Georgia where I currently reside. I was excited to learn just this week that the company I work for is flying me to Vegas for a conference. Of course my first thought was "Hey, I can get an In-N-Out burger! Anytime i'm out west, I mapquest to see where the nearest one is. Having been through Vegas this past summer to go to the Grand Canyon, I can tell you where both of the In-N-Out burger joints are in Vegas. That was the first stop off the plane. :-)

What makes these fast food establishments different from your regular run of the mill fast food place? Well, first off, In-N-Out has this type of salad dressing sauce that covers the patties of the burger and just oozes out goodness. Not to mention the freshness of the meat and vegetables between the buns. The fries are cooked in 100% vegetable oil, have no cholesterol, and are cut daily from potatoes usually from somewhere in or around Idaho. Other than that, it's hard to explain. You just have to try it and see for yourself.

I will end by saying though that my favorite overall burger in the world is George's Cadillac Bison Bacon burger at Ted's Montana Grill. Mmmmmm, what a burger. It is 100% bison meat, topped with bacon, swiss cheese, and has a barbecue sauce covering it all. Hands down the best burger ever! Oh, and if anyone is wondering, my overall cholesterol is 159. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try Ted's bison burger on my next visit to Atlanta.

I tried the Five Guys burger in Nashville that's supposed to be as good as In N' Out. It was good but not as good as In N' Out.

Behki said...

lol it must be some burger to warrant an entire blog about it! :)