Friday, February 6, 2009

Bahama's Trip






I was very blessed last week to have won a trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas through my work. I certainly didn't expect this, but must admit January is one fine month to be spending a little time on the Islands below Florida. I put a few pictures up on Facebook, but for friends who aren't on there I've posted a few here.

Obviously we had a great time. I actually had a couple of meetings with work while there in the mornings, and a rewards dinner one night. But no complaints, the rest of the time was ours.

Atlantis is quite simply amazing. There must have been 10 swimming pools to hang out at and Lynn and I found the most secluded one. There were two man made rivers to float around on in tubes. One was very lazy and peaceful, the other had some rapids and waves pushing you along. There were also several water slides, a couple which went through a shark tank. We got to see a pretty cool Dolphin show one afternoon, and spent quite a bit time just relaxing too.

Of course we ate. Who wouldn't. Everything was paid for. I couldn't help to think how nice it is to work for a company that recognized achievements and rewards hard work. I certainly don't deserve this type of treatment. But Lynn does, so that makes it worth it, right? :-) I realize this may never happen again, so I was sure to enjoy it.

Last, there was a great Aquarium there that Lynn and I spent touring every evening. It had two large manta rays with wing spans of 7-8 feet! These were huge and graceful rays that looked intimidating but also appeared harmless at the same time. We also saw plenty of sharks, hammerheads, and just regular sharks. Jellyfish, eels, and crabs were everywhere as well. Well done Aquarium that was made to look like the lost city of Atlantis.

There simply is no guessing how much it must cost to maintain this resort. But not to fear, they get it back with the cost of everything there. Breakfast was typically around $30, that's with sharing! Lunch was always around $50. And of course dinner was usually $100. We were given an allowance, but you can see how that would go quickly. I do not see how a family of four could spend a week there with the cost of everything, rooms going for $500-700 a night. So, it was our goal to enjoy it. Chances are we'll never be back, not if we're paying...

2 comments:

Behki said...

sounds like you guys had a great time. i bet your friend Shannon hates it now that your married and she doesnt get to crash your free trips anymore lol!

Jeremy said...

Thanks. I don't know, that was a few years ago. My friend Brian in California kept telling me I should take him! Somehow I don't think that would go over too well with Lynn. LOL.