Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mary Christine Jackson 1920-2008

My Grandmother, Christine Jackson, passed away today at age 88. This is not a shock to the family as she has been ill and in the hospital for several days. She leaves 6 children, 13 Grandchildren, 10 Great Grandchildren, and 2 Great Great Grandchildren. This spans five generations of which I believe a picture was recently taken. I hope to find out if that picture was taken soon. Funeral arrangements are Friday at 3pm in Adairsville. She will be buried next to her husband, Howard Jackson who passed away in 1988.

2 comments:

Behki said...

I hate to hear that but I hope that i am safely assuming she is rejoicing as we speak. Please let me know where in Adairsville friday.
Behki

Jeremy said...

Thanks. I hope she is, but to be honest, there's not certainty. That side of the family is pretty hush about such things. Mama never talked about it much.
I think it's at the only funeral home in Adairsville, but I'll have to double check. Don't feel obligated to come by though. I loved my mama but never got that close to her unfortunately. She was quite distance, especially in the later years.